Saturday, March 5, 2011

imagine

I bought these really cool recycled tin letters online for the little guy's room.

Out of all of the words I could have chose from: Peace, Smile, Dream, Hope, Live, Love and Imagine, I chose imagine. It reminded me of the John Lennon song and I thought it would be perfect for him to wake up and see the word "Imagine" everyday.

Of course, I chose the word with the most letters!!! SEVEN INDIVIDUAL LETTERS... and you have to hang each letter with screws, on the wall... And some letters have a hole for one screw in the back and some have two... How the hell am I gonna do this without going crazy?!

When I opened the package, I laid out the letters on the dinning room table, and just getting them even and straight took at least 10 minutes... but I wasn't even trying to hang them...

So, I found a piece of wood outside.... I think what I might do is paint this wood, and then glue the letters on the wood and then just hang the piece of wood... That sounds easier... I think...

But now I'm trying to figure out, what color to paint the wood and what type of glue to use..... I'm imagining all of the possibilities...

Here's what they look like laid out on the scrap wood:

3 comments:

Lisa Knox said...

It looks beautiful, even on the white.
My suggestion would be to take the photo, use paintshop or photoshop, and fill in the white board with various colors to see which one you like the best.
For a boy, a light blue or silver might be nice.

Sarah Cale said...

In my opinion white or a pastel color would do. Seeing as how the letters have such vibrant colors in them you don't want a vibrant color on the wood or else it would all blend in and possibly clash. I do agree with Lisa, play with the picture using photoshop or whatever program you use, just see and go from there! I do hope you post a picture once you have chosen your color and painted! :)

Ryann Rathbone said...

Oooh ... I like the silver idea! Thanks!