Thursday, February 26, 2009

back from nola

Well, I'm back...

I had a great b-day and fun Mardi Gras...

We were going to be the unicorns- Feathers, Cadillac, and Tom Cruise- from "Planet Unicorn" (ridiculous cartoon show on youtube... but the theme song is hysterical!)..



And some one sent me a link to "How to create a Unicorn costume"... that is really funny.... I love how it says: You'll feel like a powerful and enchanted mythic being in this unicorn costume. But, I never got the chance to make the horns.... So, the plan changed to (as always...) just look as ridiculous as possible on Mardi Gras day)...

I did buy a BEAUTIFUL mask that I wore... It is by an artist based in NY, Wendy Drolma... and I HAD to have it, because she is an amazing artist... and because it reminded me so much of the moths I had been painting... she even called the style "Luna".... but said they are butterfly masks... not moths...

This is a pic from Mardi Gras day that I really like... I have no clue who is in the pic with me... but I do like this photo a lot!

Photobucket


I'm in full process of planning... I need to get to Austin, and to work, on my own work and side jobs if necessary.

I have serious "not-updating-web-site" guilt! but I have sold a few prints through my web site lately... but still... I've gotta understand the online world much better.... how to market and stuff...

This was a quick update... it's nice to be back with Dylan... who is snoring right by my foot right now...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

If it's any help, my boyfriend owns a business that does affordable web design and updates. He also works with someone who does search optimization.. so you would probably get a lot more visitors.

Anonymous said...

that mask is awesome. and any time you're in the mood for some online/commerce tips, just email me. good luck in austin!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, you butterfly babe! You are the prettiest insect I know, and you don't bug me at all! You are one fly moth-a!
a

Justin Voight said...

Oh my gosh! They're back! It took me 3 months to stop having nightmares about those unicorns. :)

Ryann Rathbone said...

heyyy!

i like the fly moth-a .... i'm gonna steal that!

N and Libby - Thanks so much for offering help, I will probably take you up on that pretty soon... like as soon as I get well.... and settled!

justin - have you heard the news about feathers cadillac and tom cruise... HEYY!