Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chillin' at the holiday inn.....

I've had a lot of dreams where a mattress played a big roll.... one time I flew out of a window on a mattress... another time I took a pic with my cell of a burning mattress to send to Kel.... So i looked up what dreaming of mattresses means....

"Mattress

To dream of a mattress, denotes that new duties and responsibilities will shortly be assumed."

Okay... so that maybe pretty accurate...

Cassie and I had a blast this weekend. It was so good to see her... We had a great time and laughed a lot! We always do... and she loves Austin so much, she's most probably likely to move here too! yay!

We also decided to tell everyone that we were gonna watch the "big basketball game" (the super bowl).... my dad thought I really didn't know that the Super Bowl wasn't basketball... I think he wanted to commit me... ha! but now he knows that it was a joke...

.... but we didn't watch it at all! We relaxed at the lakehouse, cass made dinner and her parents drove over to meet us and have dinner with us... I'll post more pics and stories later...

We spent two nights at the Intercontinental in Austin... and one night at the lakehouse.... then her flight was cancelled yesterday, because a woman on the plane had a panic attack and used 3 of the 5 oxygen tanks on the plane.... so she was put up at the Holiday Inn... "whatcha doin?" "Chillin' at the holiday innnnn...." Funny because we'd been singing that song all weekend!

So, now i'm in Austin, trying to get some networking done and getting the ball rolling on my move here...

So much to think about... so many options... I've gotta get them narrowed down....

okay... off to returning calls and emails... and every other form of communication via technology....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I happened upon your page while perusing. I love your art. I like the tree on the gallery page of your other website. I live in Midland and was wondering where the church is that you took a picture of recently. Haven't crossed it yet. Thanks, Leslie Doke (lesliedoke@yahoo.com)

Sarah said...

I found your website kind of randomly a few months ago and have really enjoyed looking at your artwork - I especially love your bird collages, they are beautiful! This is kind of a strange comment I'm sure haha, but I was just wondering what software you used for photo editing...my photoshop version 2 has finally given up so I think it's time for some new stuff. :-) Thanks!

Ryann Rathbone said...

Thanks so much to both of you!

Leslie: the Church in Midland is absolutely beautiful and peaceful... part of it is outside... here's the info:

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church
www.olgmidland.com
1401 Garden Ln
Midland, TX 79701

Sarah: I use Photoshop Elements 2.0. I think it has everything that Photoshop has that I need... and (I'm no expert) I haven't come across anything that I've wanted to do with that program, but couldn't...

I hope that helps... thanks again for the comments.

:)

Sarah said...

Thank you so much! It looks like a really cool program...and easy to figure out, which is especially good haha.

Thanks again! :-)