Monday, July 27, 2009

Presence

Last week, I took the week off to be with my friend after her brother was suddenly killed in a motorcycle accident.

It's so so sad when someone so young is taken. It doesn't seem fair.

Just when life seems to go back to "normal" (whatever normal is... I don't know), or starts to seem safe and predictable, something tragic, like this, happens.... a reminder to never take any moment for granted.

It brought back a lot of feelings and memories of Carter's death. But I had to remember not to allow myself to there...

In my blog Change, I talk about how I still don't know what to say... how I felt when Carter died... how I know how important it is to allow change and be present.

This is still very much on my mind. She and her family are in my thoughts and prayers... and I'm sending a whole lot of love to the Brodskys and will continue to.


This quote has stuck out in my head this week:

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." — Max Ehrmann

2 comments:

eilenemy said...

excellent quote

Nicole said...

That's so sad. Kevin's brother was shot and killed a few weeks ago, so I'm pondering the "it doesn't seem fair" thought as well.

Incredibly sad. Here's something that might help in regards to grief:

"If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking."

You're an amazing friend to have gone to spend time with them in a rough time. Wish I had friends like that.