Sunday, January 11, 2009

Freak out

So... Jumping in sounded so easy... way easier than it was...

Actually, yesterday I spent all day just staring... blocked... creatively constipated... not knowing where or what to start on... just literally staring.... I wrote a lot... but art-wise: nada.

Carley at The Gypsy Wagon, in Dallas, is throwing a laid back show with my work on the 23rd of this month... I called her yesterday having a real "artist" crisis... Not knowing if I should do it... what if all my work sucks.... or if there's not enough work there... or not enough time... HELP ME!

She talked me down from my own pity party... and we're still going to do it... I'd like to get note cards made... I need to get more prints made as well... the only thing is, I had to pick up some of the last prints from her because the colors were off... and the printer is in Dallas... and I don't know how to tell them what the colors should and shouldn't look like... So I need to find a place to scan in my work, here in Midland... this week... and then I need to figure out the printing situation.... AAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I also thought it would be cool (and I could do this myself -- i think) to take some of my photographs that I've digitally altered and show them as well... I also have to figure out framing of my pieces... I'm freaking out... this is a lot to do... no wonder I'm blocked...

I jumped in... "no floaties" ... but then felt like I was drowning... and I think I was... if you can't swim, use floaties...

I've been a hermit, upstairs, away from my studio all day today... I'm sure my parents are worried about me... but I really need today to sort out my brain... plan... I need some space to be able to figure out what I: a. HAVE to do, b. WOULD like to do, c. CAN do...

Okay... that's my freak out... blah.....

No comments: