Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Goin' all blogsta...

I was humbled over the holidays, once again....

I tried to tell "my" snoop dogg joke (not mine but the only one I can ever remember...) and twice (or thrice... or more) everyone already knew the punch line... and knew more snoop jokes than mine.... my ol' joke was all played out!

just incase you haven't heard me tell it (which if you've ever been around me you've heard it a million times):

Q: Why does snoop dogg carry an umbrella?

A: Fo drizzle!

So I learned that there are way more snoop jokes than I could ever imagine... I decided to google search them... I have a lot more now... but I also got much more of a laugh from reading the message boards... stuff like: Yo yo, listen up, don't mess wit snoop the Godfatha, [insert gang name here] fo life yo... shout out to my homiez... So that's paraphrasing.... big time... but I laughed a lot reading it... especially reading some of the responses out loud...

So now I got tons of Snoop jokes (some good some bad)... and I'll be telling them over and over.... until they're all played out... fo shizzle!

I went to see the Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night... It was LONG.... but it kept my attention.... I'm not sure how good I thought it was... still a bit confizzled about that.... I think I get annoyed when actors play old, sick or someone with a mental disability.... like Brad Pitt playing the young Benjamin in the old body, or Cate Blanchet playing the dying old woman, who talks the whole movie... and you can never understand what she says... but I guess if you play a role like that it's a for sure academy award nomination.... maybe I'm being too cynical about it... who knows..

I did buy an AMAZING book called "Signs & Symbols"... it has every kind of sign and symbol.... even hobo signs and emoticons!

i bought it because I am always telling a story with my art... and I can use different symbols as my language and method of communication...

I'm about to head back to Midland.... and I really need to get back to holing up and just cranking out work...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long will you be in Midland?

How's cofee sound?

Damien Franco