Friday, January 16, 2009

love/hate

I did some more collaging... I really LOVE wax... but I'm really and TRULY starting to HATE wax... so sticky..... too gratifying, too instantly.... too sticky... too messy... too much fun... too easy.... too hard... too time consuming... too cloudy.... uh! love/hate.

The printing place called me... they printed a test strip of a small collage I did in December... It looked good.

They also showed me the scans, they also looked good...

I'm looking forward to seeing what it all looks like... when it's done...

I don't feel like writing much.... so I'll post pics of what I've done, what I'm working on... I'm not %100 happy with my work right now... but, I'm very happy that I'm making work....

So, with that said:

Here are the red trees:

Photobucket

and a close up of each:
Photobucket
Photobucket

So, i added the moon cycle.... but now, I wanna just keep the background of this piece and start over... I doubt it though.... but, I do think this is the MAJOR issue when you become so attached to one part of a piece that you can't let go enough to let it become the best it can:
Photobucket

This is just an idea... i printed out some images (on tissue paper, so everything but the ink will disappear....
Photobucket

A very encaustic background (done the same way the owl from a while ago was done)...
Photobucket

now I'm trying to figure out what to do with it/put on it... here are some of my ideas:
Photobucket

Photobucket

I added a TON of medium to the clover collage background... now I can carve into it and collage on it...
Photobucket

And, last, I transferred this pattern to board.... but I'm still working on taking the paper off of the back... that always takes SOOO long!
Photobucket

My horseback riding lesson was cancelled today... the wind chill here in Midland didn't get above 30 degrees... I was kinda glad it was cancelled.... I wasn't looking forward to freezing my butt off!

okie dokie.... about to fall asleep typing... g'nite!

3 comments:

Justin Voight said...

:)

You are on a roll!

Ryann Rathbone said...

i guess... i just hope i'm rolling the right way!

Anonymous said...

Sparrow and blue flowers...pretty!
a