Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Stuff that moves me

A few things that i think are funny

So.... i HATE "bright eyes" (the band) .... but the lead singer (Connor Oberst), his CD is my new favorite... i love his song where he sings "there's nothing that the road cannot heal"..... so good. i think his solo cd will, could and has converted the "non-emo" kids...

I should write about something artsy, or dark .... or political...but... i just want to share this hilarious and clever youtube.com video instead (not political at all... I'm anti-politics at the moment):




The next video made me bawl.. and spoke to me and is my song.... yet, bigger than i (or any human mind) can comprehend




Sometimes I type too late at night... when I'm tired, emotional, mushy... and then the next day I want to edit (sometimes have to due to typos and stuff)... I think what I was trying to say is: 1. Connor Oberst's CD is really good, I've been listening to it a lot... 2. The clever Barrak youtube is funny... 3. I love the way KT Tunstall sings her "Throw me a rope" song... that song is amazing... I love it.

That, I hope is in clearer english...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ryann,
You are so right about MOAB, the song you were talking about on Conor's album. For me it's the one line, "you can't break out of a circle that you never knew you were in". Must admit I've been a Bright Eyes fan since I saw them at trees when I was 21 (the Letting off the Happiness album tour), ut I have discovered that as I outgrow his music, he and his music grows along with me. Saw him at the Rialto in Tuscon a couple of weeks ago, if you get a chance to catch this tour, it's really missing it. You need to bring your road trip out west. We'll go to Sedona for some spiritual cleansing. xoxo amy