Thursday, October 30, 2008

a strange sighting...

I saw a white squirrel this morning... well, not ENTIRELY white... it had a brown tail and brown face... I thought... could they be cross-breeding with opossums? I've heard of albino squirrels... but not brown and white... and not in Dallas, TX...

Dylan ran and chased him off... but he hung out on the telephone poll... I was able to snap this pic with my phone:


Is there a superstition? or folk lore? anyone know? Maybe it's just a sign that I need to paint a white squirrel!

I've been able to get a lot accomplished in Dallas... not as much as I'd hoped... but maybe that was overly ambitious. But I'll be coming back, and in Midland, I'll be able to settle down... unpack, de-clutter and organize myself, my to-do list and my head.

I was able to get a lot of my art stuff out of storage... now all i need is a griddle, and I can start encaustic painting again... Also, I'm itching to get started on the Big Bend collaboration project with Justin Voight.

tomorrow: austin.

I'll be back for Art Conspiracy (dec 6th) again this year... It was great last year. This year Jayme and I are going to collaborate one a piece for the auction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UNT has two albino squirrels that are their 'mascots'. They were missing for awhile and so everybody is happy that they have been sighted again.
It was GREAT to see you!
a