Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's been awhile... sorry!

I've been busy these last two weeks.. I've received a lot of emails and texts asking me how I'm doing and where I am... Thank you to everyone!

Right now I'm in Lockhart. I'm leaving for Midland tomorrow... and I'm excited to get to Midland... and get to work!

I guess I haven't written in a while, because there's so much that's been going on... I almost need to give each individual experience it's own blog... Then i get overwhelmed... then I make up excuses of why not to blog... or things i should do... or think about doing instead of blogging...

It was so good to see everyone in Dallas.. thank you so much! It's also been a great experience here in Austin/Lockhart.

It's strange to go back to my storage unit, in Dallas, and see all of the stuff that's still in there... the stuff that I wasn't ready to get rid of during my garage sale... now, that "stuff" that was so important, looks like stuff i shoulda sold... or just trash, to me... not all of it... but living out of my car for 6 months has taught me that I hardly need any of it... it doesn't make me feel any better.... or safer, or more settled... or help me to keep my memories alive... I've realized it's JUST STUFF... stuff that takes up room, in a room that i pay for every month...

I'm gonna write something cool later... I swear.. or at least hope to..... no, i will... promise.

For anyone who wants to see some art: i found this in my storage unit...

I bought the orange saint from a thrift store this summer... i wanted to make it into glass... my instructor thought my idea was boring... but i did it anyway.... I got a bit angry.... chopped off the saint's head and made more cuts... then glued glass between the cuts... it was the only thing I did in that workshop that I was praised for! ha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And, when the glass saint came out, it came out perfect... well, all except for the head, which is a perfect face-less bubble... I don't think I could have done it if i'd planned to do it, but it's a beautiful mistake!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry the pics aren't a better quality...

No comments: