Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Yes, that's my brother... Shabooya!

Photobucket

A lot of my friends have been asking me if my brother J is in the movie Twilight.... Yes, he is! He is playing the character, Jasper... I am very proud of him! (in the photo above, he's on the far right... I've been having trouble with photos... adding them to blogs.. taking them and so on.... so I'm sorry I kinda cut off part of his right side... I don't know how to fix it).

It's funny, because you know someone's "made it" when they are on the Home/Login page of Myspace... which he has been 3 times!!! Actually, my friends would text and email me that he was on the main myspace page... :) He totally deserves it... He is a great actor, a great friend, has worked hard, and he's a really great, cool guy, and I love him very much!

You know, when most people move out to LA to be an actor or actress, you think, great.... another waiter/waitress in LA... But with J we always knew, (I guess I shouldn't speak for anyone except myself), I had NO doubt that he was going to make it... it was just a feeling of knowing... I'm not sure if he ever doubted it or not, but I didn't. So, I'm very proud, but not surprised at all.

My parents and little sis are flying to L.A to the premiere of Twilight this weekend. It's really exciting to see so much hype around this movie, and the books, and that J's a part of it.

I remember when I first realized this could be a big thing for him: it happened this summer when I was at Penland, my mom sent me a text that said: "J's on a t-shirt at Hot Topic in the mall!" I remember thinking: why is mom at Hot Topic?! and then thinking wow, we all need to get one of those shirts!

I'm not sure of the date, but I know Twilight comes out in the next few weeks.

Here's a pic of my family that Hal Samples (www.halsamples.com) took of my family last November in LA... it's on the site www.jackson-rathbone.com

Photobucket




okay....

I didn't paint or draw today... but I DID write, and I am blogging... so I don't consider myself off track.

I did a lot of emailing today... actually one email (from Sara) that seemed innocent enough... (she forwarded %50 coupons to Michaels) turned into a back and forth exchange... which led Sara, Aubrey and me to the depths of urbandictionary.com and back... (or we may be stuck there... who knows)...

We spent a lot of emails one-upping each other with new words... Like:
shabooya
In your face like booyah except with much more in your faceness....

I swear! That's a direct quote! "faceness"?! genius!

We may have an unhealthy addiction to that web site now... at least they have something to do at work! ;)

10 comments:

my so-called life said...

ok first of all i am a big huge fan of urbandictionary.....i learn so much, like the fact that i was song binging a linda rhonstadt song :) and that i have a chairdrobe on my closet...i love learning new stuff..ha.

secondly, i am on the 4th twilight book now and am seeing it when it comes out NEXT WEEKEND! how cool...yea the books were made for teenagers, but caught suburban america too..... greatness! i even got a twilight evite for the movie premire...ha!

Ryann Rathbone said...

I signed up for the urban dictionary word of the day, but did not get one today.... boo!

It's greatness!

i didn't get an evite for the premiere... but I've also only read the first book.... must be because "somebody's watchin' me"... (good song to song binge on)... jk lol...omg.... not really, but kinda. ;)

Anonymous said...

Sha boing BOING, you sha blog BLOGGED! That is totally mingblickle. This is the most faceness I have ever seen in a blog post.

Ryann Rathbone said...

mingbickle out the sha boing BOING...... FACENESS, baby, FACENESS!

my so-called life said...

it can be a bit confuzzling, but at the same time makes me feel fantasterrific! and sorta like a bamf!

Unknown said...

Dear Ryann,
I have a HUGE favor to ask you on behalf of two of my daughter Mandy's therapists, who are apparantly BIG fans of the Twilight Series (whose author is here in Scottsdale), could you PLEASE get J to sign 2 headshots, (or movie posters, or whatever) to , one to Megan, one to Amber. I'll GLADLY pay for your postage or whatever to mail them out here. I have (I must be some geek) never heard of the series, but CONGRATS to your brother. Thanks SO much,
amy

Ryann Rathbone said...

i would love to! but we keep the family side separate from the show biz part... As just a rule and to keep peace and normalcy...

So, I won't ask him to autograph anything, because it breaches that boundary...

I hope you understand.

love,
r

Ryann Rathbone said...

AMY-

Okay... So, I cant ask... because we have to keep it professional...

BUT:

This is what I found out:

The best way to request an autograph is to send what you want signed (not a whole magazine or book.... but a page/picture/poster/ notecard... whatever) with an autograph request C/O Twilight:

Jackson Rathbone

C/O Summit Entertainment
C/O Twilight
1630 Stewart St.
Ste. 120
Santa Monica, CA 90404

Ryann Rathbone said...

OOPS! I forgot to say

Make sure to include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope!

Cris Travis said...

that's such a great gig for your brother! yay! you know i heard about these books and movie from some of my die hard 8th grade fans. they're allllll about it. maybe i should send him something to sign and have a contest for writing or something at school??? :-) tell him congrats! obtw- I MISS YOU!