Friday, November 21, 2008

HALE YES!

Photobucket

25 of us went to see Twilight tonight...

My parents, grandmother, bee and me and 20 other friends (mainly bee's friends), all went to see it. I made 25 shirts today that said, "TEAM JASPER" on the front and "HALE YEAH!" on the back... J's character in the movie is Jasper Hale... so we thought that was cute!

I didn't want to give my opinion, because it'll seem one-sided and subjective because J's in it... but, i'm going to, because I really loved it.

To be honest, I read the first book and wasn't sold... I didn't even care to read the rest of the books... I thought the book was an easy read, but cheesy. But I still think Stephanie Meyer is amazing... and her story is amazing... and she's a great storyteller... if she wasn't, then there wouldn't be so much to do about the books!

I thought the writer and director did an amazing job! I was so pleasantly surprised! It's for sure going to be a cult classic.... but it's already popular... so a popular cult classic? is that a real category?

After seeing it, I was surprised that so many critics had panned it... Yes, watching it is an overindulgence, just like the books... like eating too much dessert... but soooo awesome! It seemed like a movie critics would rave about... but maybe they'd only rave about it if no one liked it... I think because SO many people already love it, they have to pan it... or maybe they themselves are just frustrated actors, writers and/or directors...hmmmm.... it makes me think....

It's filmed like an Indie film, and everything that made me not like the book, was used in the movie in a humorous way. I laughed.... I didn't roll my eyes like i did when I read the dialogue in the book.... and it made it so much better. :)

i actually WANT to read the next books to find out what happens next! and I know they are an easy read... so I could... but instead, I cornered my grandmother and made her tell me (reluctantly) what happens to Bella and Edward... ha!

I want to see it again! I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

I think the cast was great. J was great... not in this one much, but when he was, he was awesome! :)

just my thoughts....

Photobucket

Team Jasper!

HALE YES!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Ryann,
You guys are so cute! I posted a little mimi-blog on MS yesterdat about "giving in to the Twilight Craze". I just finished the first book last night. I'm with you, overhyped, but good. The 1st half was just monotnous, I didn't go to dances of worry about who would wear what even when I WAS in High School. The 2nd 1/2 was amazing, though. I haven't seen the movie yet (probabily will some day next week when the girls are at school), but had many friends who saw it, and their biggest gripe was that Jasper's role in the movie was not as important as it was in the book. They all said he did really good with what he had, though. I'm with you; I now have to know what becomes of Edward and Bella. Does she stay human? Is there a happily EVER after? I got some stuff to send Jay (all following your mom's rules) but the sad thing is that it is all for friends. My only "celebrity autograph" is Ann Richards, I don't get the fame game thing too much (and my friend Nic signed a copy of his book "Tweak" as a gift to me, but I don't think of him as "famous", just Nic.) By the way, I did love a vampire showdown here in Scottsdale (though living here just made it seem more improbable). Anyway, I saw on the news (why is anderson Cooper covering this) that the 2ns script is already in the works. Go Jay!!! Hale Yes! (that was too cute)
xoxo

Justin Voight said...

Those pics made me smile! Cute!! I just wondered why you guys didn't wear fangs... ;)