Monday, November 17, 2008

LA?

Today my parents and youngest sister are in LA for my brother's premier, for the movie Twilight...

Last night, I was talking to them and it came up that maybe I should move to LA... maybe be a publicist... It's not the first time the possibility has come up... but every time I've said, no way, no how... I'm not healed enough.... strong enough... But now, I'm actually considering the possibility... of maybe...

I have to admit: When I think about me, in LA I picture: roller blading... over-sized sunglasses... being really tan or really white (not in-between) ... eating über healthy... taking Dylan to Doga classes... saying things like "über" and "So-Co"...

But I have friends there... and family there...

Is LA calling my name? I NEVER would have thought so, but maybe it is... as long as I could still write and paint... I can't rule it out... is any place really more healing than another?

I've gotten a lot of work done... I worked on putting together some pieces from Justin Voight's and my trip through Big Bend and West Texas... I actually got a collage done, and I'm happy with it!
Photobucket
it's on an 11 x17 canvas that I covered in a thin layer of beeswax medium (I used the wax scraps from other collages, so all different neutral colors, and I smoothed it out with my quilting iron... Then, I ironed two layers of white tissue paper on the waxy side of freezer paper and cut them to fit in the printer and printed some of Justin and my photographs... and maps that I had collected... and then I just started layering the images on the wax with the iron.

YAY! One project completed... finished! awesome. that feels good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the real question, and you did somewhat address it, would be "Will you have time to write and paint?"

If not, can you live with that?

Every decision in life is a crossroads of sorts. Is this a time of compromise?

Okay, that was like three questions, but who's counting?

dolcevita17 said...

These are good questions Damien raises. However, you do have friends and family here...hmmmm!

And think of all of the potential inspiration this city has to offer. The grit, the lost souls, the beauty juxtaposed with the smog.

Maybe it's good fresh chaos. Maybe not.

Just think about it...heehee