Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Would you like a Testamint?

I think I was tested to learn and practice patience today at Discount Tire....

I waited for a little over two hours to be helped and have the nozzle on my tire replaced... but I stayed patient... not only did I reach enlightenment through patience (kidding)... but they fixed it for free too! I thought I was going to have to buy two new tires.... but it was free..

But I did walk over to Hobby Lobby and spent at least an hour in there. I bought a heat gun, for encaustic, and then I saw:

Photobucket

So, of course I had to buy them... I didn't realize there were Bible verses on the back until just now ... This one is:

Isaiah 43:18-19
Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.


hmmm.... I think that's a good one for me... Staying present, so I don't miss the new thing... or what ever is in the present moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

genius. what will the fundamentalist marketing crew think of next?

Ryann Rathbone said...

Billboards? Bobble-heads? ... nope, that's been done...

that makes me think of lyrics in the Bob Dylan song, It's Alright Ma:

"Made everything from toy guns that spark
To flesh-colored Christs that glow in the dark
It's easy to see without looking too far
That not much
Is really sacred."