Saturday, November 15, 2008

Word play... and more

Okay... So I may have exaggerated a BIT on the photo of me jumping on the horse... Although, I DID jump pretty high jumps that were 6ft apart... with this horse, and even in the same place, and with the same trainer... but this photograph is of a jump that's just an average height... but I still think it's a cool photo.

Photobucket

That photo was taken in Norway... I learned a lot of the language when I was over there... and being a pre-teen and young-teen while living there, we'd laugh about certain Norwegian words that sounded funny... But, until I was at Eva's apartment in DC this summer... Kel and I realized that we completely missed one HI-LAR-I-OUS word... What's a bit sad is I'm laughing about it, now (almost 30), instead of 13...

Eva had a Norwegian tabloid magazine at her place, and I opened up to this, and cracked up:

Photobucket

"Fart" in norwegian, means fast... or speed... So, it means something like: "real fast" or "full speed"... but still! How did I live in Norway for so many years and never think that was funny... Kelly was hilarious... when i showed it to her, her jaw dropped... and Eva quizzed me on my Norwegian... and was impressed I knew what it meant...

Today, I read, cleaned... and did a little more art stuff... and bugged some of my friends, by calling and texting.

Here's some of what I've done:

Photobucket
This is an encaustic I started this summer... I just didn't feel it was finished %100... and it seemed unbalanced... so I added orange string... and made a heart shape around the heart... I think now all it needs is a little bit of light blue string next to the orange... and then a frame.... and then... VOILA! it's finished! yay!

Photobucket
I know this looks the same as it did before... but it's NOT at all... i've been going over and over these patterns with different colors... who knows what it'll end up being!

And this is a small collage I started... I tried to use Mod-Podge instead of wax... but the tissue paper (that I wanted to be clear) wouldn't go clear with mod-podge, so I put wax over that... and took a photo that I had printed on tissue paper... but it ripped... the yellow thing is probably going on there somewhere... I just haven't decided yet...

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ryann Rathbone said...

my friends know... that it is sooooo like me to post a goofy blog.... with a goofy joke the NIGHT before the DMN article comes out... jeez....

:)