Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Austin travels

I'm still in Austin... I've been here since Saturday night.

This time, when I drove from Midland, I did not listen to my GPS...or even plug it in.... I got to Austin in 5 hrs... instead of the almost 8 hours it took me the last time!

I don't trust my GPS anymore!

Since I've been here... I've seen Twilight two more times... hee hee...

I went to my friends Tyler and Emily's new bar, Shangri-la on 1016 E 6TH ST a few times...

For anyone who lives, or goes to Austin, check out Shangri-la! it is such an awesome place.... it's got a cool crowd... a HUGE 2 level outside patio.... and much much more... FO SHO my favorite new place in Austin... and I know it's not just that I'm biased because it's their place, because I've taken Steve and Mons there and they both loved it too.

This is a write up from eastaustinite.com

Photobucket
Remember that bright turquoise building? We stopped by East 6th Street’s newest addition last weekend and got some details on the Shangri-La. First of all, it is pretty awesome, and it’s topped off with a bit of more awesome. It seems like patrons will be going in through the rear entrance near the outdoor patio, and the patio in itself is pretty cool. It’s getting cooler now, but I can see us spending a lot of time out there on pleasant-weather days. The inside wasn’t finished yet, since they aren’t schedule to open until possibly November, but it’s coming along great. My favorite part of the interior has to be the gun art… nothing says welcome to Texas like guns on the wall. On top of a great selection on tap, they will have pool tables and possibly vintage arcade games for all the patrons to enjoy. We are excited about the Shangri-La opening up soon and we will be there for sure on opening day. You can be there, too, if you friend them on Myspace so you can keep up.

Here's Emily and me at Shangri-la:
Photobucket


Here are some random and slightly creepy things I've taken pictures of since i've been here:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Justin Voight said...

I really dig those photos. The PC Guru is great! I dont really see it as creepy. I see it as 20th century americana. I would love to see a whole series like this.