Saturday, October 4, 2008

Facebook Narcissist? No.... just Schizotypal





So, last week I read an article that talked about narcissism and Facebook. The study cited, claimed that by seeing a persons Facebook or Myspace profile they could determine whether he or she was a narcissist...

So, so I started to wonder.... By looking at my facebook and myspace pages would they think I'm a narcissist???

What is a narcissist:

• Psychology extreme selfishness, with a grandiose view of one's own talents and a craving for admiration, as characterizing a personality type.

So... i looked up personality disorder tests... I found one... I took it... turns out there is a very low probability of me being a narcissist ... but I have a high probability of being Schizotypal... of all of the personality disorders, that was the only one that came up as me having a "high" level on... Why? Because I believe in intuition and miracles... and things that are unexplainable...

honestly, I don't believe a word, especially since it was a personality disorder test i took online just for fun... but, I do think it's really funny.

This is where it fits in to my day:

I cleaned and packed today... and took two pieces of mine to a juried art show here in Midland (one was a page from my nature journal, and the other was the vase I painted that is reminiscent of the "big mouth bass" singing fish....), Kel has work entered as well... After that, Justin got to Midland.

I was really excited to take him out to Our Lady Guadalupe Catholic church... it's outside, and amazing photo opps...I sketched and he took amazing pics...


as we were leaving, we were talking about our pics and a woman (looked like a nurse, she was wearing scrubs), said, "did you see it pulsating?"

We thought she meant the shrine... no, she meant the sun. She said if you look right at the sun, it pulsates and spins... and it doesn't hurt your eyes. She also told us about pictures she'd taken of the sun... pictures where she'd seen her grandmother... and others where she could see babies in the clouds... and it looked like umbilical cords attached to the sun...

Then she looked at the sun... and said, "it's pulsating now!" Justin and I both tried to see it... and both were blinded... I tried again, and it did look like it was pulsating... but I think it was my retina throbbing...

When we got in the car.. JV and I talked about skepticism and miracles... Was the sun pulsating for me? no.... but it was for her. And I don't doubt that. I took pictures of the moon this summer... they came out EVERYTIME like perfect hearts... the moon wasn't shaped that way that night... i know it was my hands shaking... but it still meant a lot to me... So I guess anyone who believes in miracles is in the Schizotypal group... at least we know we're in good company! :)

Tomorrow we leave for Monahans (for a once a year bluegrass festival!) and Marathon... all these west Texas cities start with M!

We both know this is going to be an amazing trip... EVERYTHING has been falling into place just right.

No comments: