Thursday, October 2, 2008

Getting ready.

I got a lot of much needed resting done this week... I spent the majority of the week down in Lockhart. I'm in Midland now. I've got tomorrow and Saturday to prepare for Big Bend.

I'm excited, and want to get as much out of this experience as possible. I need to make sure that I stick to a schedule of journaling, nature journaling, and drawing.

I'm starting to want to be more settled again. One place, with all of my stuff so I can feel comfortable, and start getting to work... making new work, and finishing the paintings I've started. I just don't know where to go. Maybe I'm a little overwhelmed... it's hard for me to picture myself saying "this is where I want to live" ... I guess I don't need to think of it as such a permanent move.

I need to learn how to make my own frames... that would be helpful... I get %99 done.. and then don't know how to finish...

Tomorrow is clean out the car day! Woo hoo! I haven't cleaned it out since June... It's just gross. I'm pretty sure that my hiking boots are in there somewhere. Since they weren't in my storage unit, they've gotta be in the trunk.. (or maybe the on the floorboard in the back seat)...

My thoughts and planning, and need to organize (or feel organized) is starting to come back to me.

To be honest... I am starting to feel really guilty about not going to Dallas... I'm trying not to totally avoid Dallas... but it's hard going back... after 12 hours I start to feel antsy and feel like I wanna leave, even though i wanna see everyone and I miss my friends.... I miss my friends... I hope everyone understands... I promise, it's not ever a personal thing... and then I feel bad for not seeing anyone... and then I just want to crawl into a communication hole... and not talk to anyone, because I have no excuse for not going to Dallas... actually, I kinda need to go to get stuff out of storage...

I was feeling not so hot... then I thought about the date... it's the 2nd/3rd of the month... every month... same date... I have a mini-stress freak out... when does that go away?

There's a lot of great stuff coming up too! I can't even express how excited I am about this trip, with jv, to big bend, marfa, and the art and nature... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're headed to one of my FAVORITE parts of the country (and definitely my favorite part of texas, though austin is my home and i love it). have a great time! hope one day we might meet since i read your blog all the time and have enjoyed seeing pictures of your art, your journey and you finding your way! be well.

sarah

Ryann Rathbone said...

thanks so much sarah! lots of love!