Saturday, September 27, 2008

If skunks could knit cellphone socks.... ?


You know what I can't stand?!? SKUNKS!

To Pepe and all his friends: You STINK!!!

My adventures being alone at the lakehouse on LBJ for two days:

I thought it would be relaxing.... I bought a Klutz book on knitting... Klutz is the same brand of book that does the really awesome shrinky dink jewelry book... (side note: if you wanna see how awesome, check out Sara's awesome shrinky dink jewelry on etsy.com: CLICK HERE)

With my knitting kit and book in hand, I really had visions of Christmas presents for friends and family.... the scarf, the hat.... the cell phone sock (that's what they call it in the book).... maybe, even a dog sweater... (that may have been a tad bit ambitious)...

The first thing the book tells you to do, is to take the yarn, and roll it into a ball.... sounds easy. Right? WRONG! My yarn was all tangled.. even though I followed the instructions.... After two hours (or so) of rolling yarn... and untangling, I finally decided that a smaller yarn ball would do just fine, and I cut the impossibly tangled part off....

So I had my yarn ball... next was the "slip not" and the first part of knitting.... yeah: I suck at knitting... and, instead of feeling relaxed, I wanted to stab something or someone with a knitting needle....

First of all, I'm not good at reading instructions and comprehending them... I have to do it on my own... learn the hard way. Or just have someone there to show me...

So I've been trying to knit for two days.. and I got nuthin' .... sorry guys: no cell phone socks for you....

The next night at the lakehouse, I was watching the Obama-McCain debate.... I decided that a better debate format would include them hugging each other for 9 mins after the "debate" part... and then, well... I was thinking a dance off! That would be awesome!

I never got to see if they did hug for 9 mins or not... I was eating Raman noodles (which have a strong odor) and all of a sudden I thought, "wow, these noodles smell FUNKY." But then, I recognized the smell: SKUNK!

I ran and shut the door to the porch... and went outside... Dylan was out there... looking bewildered and drooling... My thought is, Dylan just wanted to make friends and play with the skunk and the skunk had other ideas.... like stinky ideas.

I washed Dyl with baking soda and dishwashing soap... and he smells much better... but I still smell skunk everywhere... the inside of my car smells skunky... my keys smell skunky... every now and then I get a wiff of skunk. UGH! I had to throw away his collar and buy a new one... but the skunk smell won't leave.

This is the second time I've been skunked in the last few months... why?!

Here's Dyl, in the old collar, doing doggie yoga on Emily and Tyler's couch... BEFORE the skunking:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear tomatoe juice gets out the smell of skunk. Nothing gets out the smell of bear, though. Bears are assholes.
A

Ryann Rathbone said...

I don't know... I think skunks are assholes too... or at least douchebags... ugh. But bears, are definitely!

Actually one remedy I found on line was to use douche... But he smells better now...