Saturday, September 6, 2008

To Do

I woke up yesterday at the lakehouse.... indecisive.... so indecisive, that I didn't know if I wanted to wake up or just lay in bed all day... I chose both... kinda.

I've been really tired lately... I've been going and going, and I'd really like to sleep for two days... and even if I couldn't sleep the whole time, I wouldn't mind just staring blankly at a wall.... just need sometime to get my head together....

I'd really like to have time to paint. I'm bummed that I haven't been able to. I could just start painting... but I really don't like painting with people around. I even had to get used to painting in front of people at Penland... but everyone was in the same class, doing the same thing... so it got a bit easier.

I have fallen in love with Shrinky Dinks! So has Sara, and now my sister and her friends.... We've made some really creative ones! I'll post some pics when I can.


Yesterday, my parents were in Austin, so we went to eat at Hula Hut with Mons. The chicken guacamole tubular taco is AMAZING! We had a nice dinner... It was good to see them.

Today, I'm still at my friend Emily and her husband Tyler's house.... I met up with Emily last night. She and Tyler are opening a bar on E. 6th soon.... and have been working on it non-stop. That's actually where she is right now.... there was a minor spray foam emergency at the bar...

Emily is a dear friend of mine and has been for years. She had met Carter twice.... one time was last summer at the lakehouse. The first time I met Tyler was also when Emily came up to the lakehouse a few years ago... I remember thinking, "FINALLY! she's found a great guy!" When we were talking last night, she said after meeting Carter, she told Tyler something similar.

Here's a pic of us from the lakehouse in 05:


I've got a lot to do...

Kelly and I are leaving on Monday for Maine!

We're driving from Austin to Athens to Penland to DC to NYC to Maine.... Then I'm renting a car and driving to Salem, MA and meeting SC there for a few days... we want to tour the witch trials....

I can't wait to get out of this HEAT! UGH! It's so hot that you can smell the ground bake. I love Austin... but it's so hot!

New England will be beautiful... I can't wait!


But SOOO much to do... Does anyone know a dog-sitter in Austin?

No comments: