Monday, September 8, 2008

On the road again...

I slept well last night... well, my schedule is still a little off... but I still slept well and woke up late... it was more sleep than I'm used to getting lately.

I went to see Tropic Thunder today... I thought it was ridiculous and hilarious.... who knew Robert Downey Jr was so funny?! Anyways, I thought it was funny.... (mom and dad: I don't think you'd like it at all).

I'm driving with Kel to Maine... and I was caught off guard when she called me and wanted to get on the road today, instead of tomorrow (Monday)... It really wasn't a problem... I was just unprepared.. not even physically unprepared... (I've never unpacked from NC - I haven't had a chance to)... just psychologically unprepared.... and Panic took over.

I know Steve will take great care of Dylan, and Emily too... But I still freaked about leaving him. I wish he was pocket-sized and I could take him everywhere.... but, he's not.... but at least I know he's in good hands... But I already miss him.

Kel and I made a 4 hr trip today. Her SUV is packed full... and she has her new little Red Bone Coon Hound pup, June Bug, with us. Her car is so full that June was laying under my feet and by my purse.... it's not exactly "spacious." The pup doesn't mind... but she's 3 months old and growing like a weed... I can imagine by the time we actually get to Maine, she'll be like Clifford, the Big Red Dog... and I'll be the one on the floorboard by my purse, while June takes over the car....

Tomorrow we drive to Athens, Georgia... I've never been there, but I hear it's a lot like Austin.... but smaller.

I can't wait to drive into cooler weather... the Texas heat is too much for me. It really, truly gets to me... bad. For me, it's so hot, it's depressing.

I feel like a hobo... I haven't unpacked since May. I have one pair of jeans (with out holes- thank you carley!)... one pair of shoes... But I don't smell or look like a hobo (because I was given lots of fab skinceuticals products... thank you nicole!)... I thought hobo stood for homeward bound.... I like that. But I also would like a travel wardrobe... or something like that....

It's also hard to create when traveling... it's much easier to paint when I'm settled. I brought sketch books and water colors.... but I really don't know when I'll have time... or even if I'll have enough time to make time....

I'm trying to return all of the calls, texts and emails... Please know, I've got a lot going on... It's NOTHING personal... I love you and want to talk and write.... but I'm also not in a great place to sit down and communicate....

I also think I can feel the radiation from my new phone whenever I talk on it... SERIOUSLY! My head hurts and is hot after I'm on this new cell phone for a while.... or even a little bit. is that normal? anyways.... I don't like that feeling... which makes me want to talk on the phone even less than I did before...

This 12 Day adventure has just started! Pictures and stories soon to come!

No comments: