Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mtn Lions, Snakes and Bears... OH MY

I've had a lazy week. A L-A-Z-Y week of vegging out. I feel like I needed it though. I feel much more rested... finally.

I'm also getting geared up (or at least mentally prepared) for my Big Bend trip. I talked to Justin... He's done some research on Big Bend... There are mountain lions, rattlesnakes and bears! OH MY!

I've never been camping before. Not really. Actually I camped when I was about 12 for a night or two... and then one time when I was 16, I spent the night in a tent... But both were about the equivalent to sleeping in a tent in the back yard.

It's not that I've never wanted to go camping... I've just never been invited. So, I'm excited... a little nervous... hmmm... to burn or bury the T.P.?

I'm so excited to see Big Bend. I've wanted to see it for some time now. It's the least visited and most remote national park... So, my first time camping will be REALLY camping.

I plan to do a LOT of nature journaling. We leave on the 4th of October.

I hope I don't encounter any mountain lions, or rattlesnakes... or bears...

I really feel the need to do something creative... I just need time and space to make it happen.

1 comment:

Justin Voight said...

It's going to be a blast! :D