Friday, August 22, 2008

Grounded! (and not because of Fay)

SOOOOOO:
This morning I woke up EARLY! My flight to Orlando was at 7:45 on AirTran... even with Tropical Storm Fay... my flight said it was on time. So, I left the Albrecht's at 6:30... everything was great... traffic was moving and grooving...

.. and then, the over night work crew on 635 hadn't opened the two lanes they blocked off... the flashing road work sign said the lanes would be closed until 6 am... LIARS! It was bumper to bumper... for a WHILE. Then I kept calling Air Tran to find out which terminal Air Tran is in... but they would only tell me the flight time, and number, and that it was on time... and when I tried to speak to an agent... the automated voice said, "We are experiencing technical difficulties. Goodbye."

UGH! I could NOT get a real person or even a fake one to tell me which terminal... So I had to drive through all of them... starting at A... AirTran (if anyone is interested) is E.... so I zig-zagged through terminals A, B, C, D before I finally got to E.

By then I knew I was cutting it close... but I still had 30 mins as I parked and ran towards the check-in counter... only to realize I had left my cell phone in the car... so I had to run back and get it. Then I hauled ass over to the check-in counter, no one was in line (probably because of the storm in Fla).. but they still made me check in at the machine first.... which told me to go to the counter (still no line), but the agent was having an obviously important (that is sarcastic) conversation with the other agent, even though I was obviously freaking out... I was all sweaty and out of breath from running... then I hear "Final call for flight 111 to Orlando".... I RUDELY interrupted and said, "that's my flight!" The woman at the ticket counter said, "well, you missed it." I coulda run... I woulda run... and made it... my fate of making or missing my flight was all in the hands of this one woman... and in an annoyed voice, she said again, "No. You missed it."

This was at 7:30.... My flight was at 7:42. That was close... but too close to make it!??! I got NO slack and I missed my flight. Seriously?????

BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHGHG!!!!!@!@!RE##T#%#@%@!@#$%*()

So, now I'm on standby... freezing my butt-off (the AC has gotta be set at 60 degrees or lower), waiting for a 9:45 flight to Atlanta and then from Atlanta to Orlando... If everything goes well I should be there by 2:45pm. But the news keeps talking about tropical storm Fay.... how bad it is.... but the other flight was on time... who knows....

... i still can't believe I missed my flight...

I hate flying... not because of planes... but because of all of the people you have to deal with and airlines.. and airports... I'd much rather drive. seriously...

No comments: