Friday, August 22, 2008

Coulda Shoulda Woulda


Dylan with a dinosaur...

Yesterday, I was interviewed for a episode on the Veria network (veria.com), for their series, "The Art of Living Gallery" show... I had so much to do to prepare. I had to pick up some of my prints from The Gypsy Wagon, and get ready (I was told not to wear patterns... and "jewel tones" work best on camera), and go by my storage unit... drop off Dylan, go down to the Bowmans' studio and get all of my work (new and old) out to display...

It's hard having my stuff spread out... some in storage, some at friends houses, some at studios, most in my car... I would like one place where I can keep everything... hopefully that's what Lockhart will be for me this fall...

The crew who interviewed and filmed me were very nice. I was feeling like I was scattered and spread way too thin... I made and had to break plans with so many people while I was in Dallas... Really, if it weren't for this show that I had committed to, I wouldn't have gone back to Dallas at all before Orlando. I wish I was more in a "zen" state of mind... I crammed in some self-help CD and listened to how to be present and live in the moment, while I ran around town like a headless chicken.... At least it was a good attempt to get my head in the right place.

I felt like I rambled and rambled.. I hope I said somethings that sounded intelligent... I need to stop thinking about what I "coulda woulda shoulda" said... it's done with... it's up to them to make me sound okay.

I also haven't talked about the night that Carter died in what seems like a long time... maybe it hasn't been that long... but it felt like it... after everything, I was physically and emotionally exhausted.... I had to take a long nap.... and I had to break more plans.

I'm sorry to everyone who I made plans with and had to cancel. I really spread myself so thin in Dallas this time. But I'll be back next week... and after that I'll be in Lockhart, and back and forth to Dallas...

No comments: