Thursday, December 18, 2008

Muddy trip.

Photobucket

I'm exhausted.

We just got back from kayaking up the Wailua River and hiking to Secret Falls and back.... We couldn't bring our cameras, because it's so wet and muddy... with Jakki as our guide, we kayaked about 2 1/2 miles up the river... and then we hiked for several miles from there to the waterfall...

It was EXTREMELY wet and muddy.... since it's rained so much in the last month... it rained on us little bit during our adventure... but not bad.... but the trail was SO muddy and SO slippery.... I ended up taking off my shoes and walking the majority of it barefoot.... I slipped and fell twice and was COVERED in mud....

I think Bek and I both fell... It was a really beautiful waterfall.... and there was way too much water coming down for us to swim around it.... it was raging.... but we made it.... and turned around and hiked and then kayaked back.... It was a fun trip.... definitely an adventure.... a very muddy and tiring adventure.... but i like getting dirty.... it makes it more fun!

Photobucket
We are getting up early tomorrow to go whale watching.... I'm really looking forward to getting some sleep.... i wish I had pics from today.... but with all of the water and mud, I'm glad no cameras were ruined!

No comments: