Thursday, December 4, 2008

Professional Grey fighter in a Box of Revlon "Soft Black"

I woke up really un-godly early... but early enough to see my sister off to school... my mom off to take her to school and then go to Bible study... and my dad go quail hunting..... I mean REAL early... like 7:15 or something similar; so early, it could be nighttime! :)

Kelly arrived back in Maine from Mumbai, India, safely, today. So so so thankful and glad for her safe trip.... I can't wait to see pics... I'm still jealous...

I'm on day 2 of my OH-CRAP-I'M-GOING-TO-HAWAII-IN-12-DAYS diet... yeah... not working so great... I HEART carbs... I mean, I could live on them... well... the first day of the diet is fruit only..... (i know... there are carbs in fruit.... but not the good/bad/fun kind!).... Zumba class was fun yesterday... what a crazy workout... like step aerobics...on raver drugs. My calves are super sore today... Tomorrow I have a riding lesson.... sore again!

Tomorrow, I also leave to go to Dallas... Art Conspiracy!!! I'm nervous... still... and stressed.... (like everytime I go to Dallas... except for more stressed).... but I keep reminding myself: IT'S FOR CHARITY.... but still... me, painting, on a time schedule, and painting in public?? Yikes! i'm like "The Little Hermit Painter".... but, I'm SO excited to paint with Jayme (like we used to!), and I'm so honored to be a part of Art con again this year.

Oh! Today, I noticed a forest of grey hair on my head... I knew I had some... maybe more than some.... but a forest?!? no....

After C died, my hair was falling out in the fist-full's ... When I went to a doctor, she told me that was not abnormal after experiencing severe shock and trauma.... but she told me, "don't worry, it'll grow back".... (like, i cared about my hair then....) ... but, she was right. It has grown back.... GREY! Or rather: white and wiry.....Either way, it's grown back, but not the same... I could use that as a metaphor for myself... but I'm too tired (and hungry) to go there.

So, I noticed a grey wiry forest, thriving on my scalp... and it made me do, what i've been threatening to do, to my do, for months:

BREAK OUT THE BOX O' HAIR DYE! and BLACK!

Yes. it's black... well... technically "soft black".... but not grey! YAY for NO grey!

I also freaked out about what I'm gonna paint on friday for Art Con.... have I mentioned that?!

just kidding... I know I did... a lot....

I also know it'll be great and fun, like last year! I hope to see as many peeps as possible there! xoxo

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're going to paint something amazing; that simple. Your dedication to your blogging is so admirable. I can only bring myself to do it when it's either that or slit my wrist. Have fun in Dallas; I'd do anything for a trip "home" right about now. Glad Kelly is safe. SCARY SHIT IN THIS WORLD! I really am going to go see J. Action on celluloid soon (I'm busy as anything getting Christmas together without falling apart)
xo

Ryann Rathbone said...

Thank you! .... yeah, I make myself blog... even when I dont wanna....

christmas... i haven't even thought about yet! ugh!

:) r

Anonymous said...

I went black a year ago... the temporary stuff that's supposed to fade out after 28 days or something. Yeah, it was still there in October. My hair girl told me black doesn't really fade - news to me. So I went ahead and redid it black a few weeks ago. OMG we are now black hair twinkies too!!

Ryann Rathbone said...

so black doesn't fade back.... ?!

and, like, is your hair dye, like, black, black, or like soft black? cuz mine is soft black... i just no one gets us confused or anything.... I mean.. the only way they might be able to tell us apart would be I drink TSCLs and you drink GSCLs!