Thursday, December 18, 2008

OOTTAT oh no!

("OOTTAT" is because of what it looks like from inside a tattoo place... see pic below)

Photobucket

I was so tired this morning... I decided to sleep in, rather than hike.

It's been raining here... a lot. But it's still so beautiful. Everything is so green and the mountains, cliffs and beaches are amazing...

Bekki's sister's restaurant is called Olympic Cafe. This morning, after they went on the hike (which was very wet and muddy, and early), they brought me back breakfast. The syrup for the pancakes was coconut syrup.... OMG! SO good! I ate a HUGE pancake, just because of the syrup! So much for my "Hawaii Dieting".... After that, high on carbs... I did a face-plant on the bed and snoozed a bit longer....

Photobucket
We woke up later and drove our convertible, white (very touristy) rented car, to the north shore of the island, to Hanalei. There is a great little shopping center there, and an incredible beach.

Bekki has wanted to get a tattoo here... I have to admit: I've been thinking about getting a tattoo... for a long time. But, I've never gone through with it. A few years ago, I decided that I'd get a tattoo on my 40th birthday... but then, I freaked out, and thought that was TOO soon... and then decided I'd get a tattoo on my 50th birthday.

Photobucket

But then, 6 months ago, I changed my mind.... I wanted one sooner. I thought about it... and decided I wanted to get, "This Too Shall Pass" but in Hebrew.... but then I googled it online, and found a forum where someone had written "if you like it so much, why would you get it in another language, why not English?"

Good point.

So I thought about getting it in English, so I drew it out.... except for I wrote "this to shall pass".... i was horrified when I realized my grammatical error... and decided it was a sign that I shouldn't get it at all! But then... well.... that thought passed....

on the drive to Maine, I told kel, and she wanted me to go to a tattoo shop in Asheville.... The thought of actually getting one made me nauseous... and the name of the place, "Forever Tattoo," also didn't seem to fit in with my concept for the tattoo... So, I was SOOOO relieved when we got there and it was closed...

Well, nether Bekki or I got a tattoo today.... I think I'll wait until the thought of getting one doesn't make me nauseated...
Photobucket

After we toured the shopping center... we walked on the beach.... it is so gorgeous here... it truly is... sometimes I have to remind myself: Can I even believe I'm in Kauai?!

Jakki is so great! In the room we're staying in, there is a Christmas Palm Tree with lights and everything... there were a bunch of wrapped presents under the tree.... she got them for Bekki and me... fun Hawaii stuff.... I'd really like to get/do something nice for her for being such a wonderful host!
Photobucket

No comments: