Wednesday, July 9, 2008

N-dog C-dog


It's hard to type with a cat on the keyboard. (That's Luna). Maybe I shouldn't be talking about "-dog" with a cat on my keyboard...

I miss being in class and having a schedule. I don't have one now, and I literally laid in bed this morning going over letters in the alphabet, and deciding which ones were or were not "gangsta'" enough to add "-dog" to... For example: J-Dog works... L-Dog doesn't... G-Dog works... R-dog not so much. On the fence about U, Y, Z, S, but W and I definitely don't work....I don't really know why or what was going on in my head... or why I'm still thinking about it... Did I mention that I'm really looking forward to starting my next class?

Before I picked up the encaustic painting class, I was supposed to be back in Dallas now, and supposed to be interviewed on the Veria network (www.veria.com) for their show, "The Art of Living Gallery" and talk about how art has helped me heal. I emailed them and said I was still interested, but had some more healing to do in North Carolina... So, it's going to work out... I can do the interview sometime next month. I'm glad, because art has been very healing for me. Art and nature...

The last few days I've been bouncing around western N.C.; From Penland to Beech, to Asheville to Penland to Beech and then back to Asheville. That's actually exactly what I've done... And now I'm back in Ashe-Vegas.

Cas and I ordered a pizza from Mellow Mushroom and cut up fresh garlic and jalapenos to put on top. It was delicious... I had eaten half of the pizza by the time she finished her first piece! Today I woke up and it felt like little elves, wearing cleats, were Riverdancing on my esophagus... HEART BURN! ugh... Rolaids aren't aiding... I almost drank Calamine Lotion, because I was so desperate for a cure. It's gotten much better, but I had to miss out on delicious Indian food (and Chicken Tikka Masala), from Mela today.

The night before last I stayed at The Little Cabin in the Woods (or LCW) by Penland. M is out of town and said I could come and go as I pleased... So, I did.. I got a little freaked out, especially at night... and during the day when some wild turkeys spooked me. I'm going to rent a room at LCW from M (M-dog... just kidding), during the 5th session... That is will save me a LOT of money. I went ahead and paid for the class yesterday. It's a 2 and 1/2 week class... which is going to be great. Usually that A-HA moment comes after the first week, right when the session is winding down.

I have no clue what I'll do today... Although a blue grass band from Austin is playing at Penland tonight... They're called the Flat Car Rattlers http://www.myspace.com/flatcarrattlers I may go check it out.

2 comments:

NJR said...

Q-Dog sounds not so much gangsta, but vaguely menacing.

Nick

Ryann Rathbone said...

ha.

that makes me think even more... which letters are still usable (or "vaguely menacing") but not gangsta...

i really need to break it down

A-dog (okay... nevermind... i shouldn't go back there, or else i'll probably end up with an excel spreadsheet of the alphabet and -dog.