Saturday, June 21, 2008

Back to the Beech


I'm blogging from the Buckeye Rec Center in Beech Mountain...

Yesterday and last night were L-A-Z-Y times in Asheville, which was perfect... I needed the rest. 

Cas has the most comfortable bed on the planet... it was hard to drag myself out of it! I'm going to miss her! I had so much fun, and it was a really great time... at least Asheville is only an hour from Penland.

I packed up my stuff, and headed back out on the road. 

Ronda (my Honda) and I listened to Bluegrass music on NPR stations... The public radio stations here mainly play really cool bluegrass music, which is perfect to drive in the mountains to.
 

Cas burned me a cd (Griffin House) which is awesome... some of the songs made me cry and sing-along... I'm sure cars around me thought I was a freak. 

I drove into Boone, and went back to Cheap Joe's Art Stuff... Their "sale" was still expensive... but at least I was able to buy the majority of my art supplies that I need for my next two classes.  Next I drove past Grandfather Mountain... See photo below:
 
I'm on my way to the Beech Mtn house... my aunt and uncle from Dallas are also here. I'll spend the night with them tonight and then tomorrow I start my second class...

I really feel better than I have in a long time... I'm picking up my pieces and moving forward. My road is full of ups and downs and twists and turns... but I'm still moving forward... most of the time, destination unknown... and I'm okay with that. As long as I have the love of my family and friends, a ton of fun, and take a lot of great photos along the way.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the part about you sining and crying to the CD that your friend made for you and it brought me back to our road trips and the two of us SCREAMING RENT as we drove down the highway...I also remember something about a Celine Dion song...RIssa (and yes R-dog does not work!)

Ryann Rathbone said...

I'm not sure about M-Dog either...

Good to hear from you!

BTW- I still sing (or scream) to RENT... and a lot of times, I've thought of you! xo

Ryann Rathbone said...

Wait WAIT, R-DOG! I know why you've been on my mind lately....

...my freshly sprained ankle!...

I haven't been able to shake your laughing at me in the emergency room, saying, "but you weren't even moving... just standing there and fell over!"

I still think I might have jumped.. or at least was considering it as an option...

anyways... this time I at least was walking AND down stairs! :)

not accident prone anymore... i hope...
love ya! and please stay in touch... i'd sing RENT with you anytime!