Thursday, June 12, 2008

shorts changing



Above is the photo of the ruby I found yesterday... woo hoo! I'll never work again!!! (ha ha... choke choke)

So, I'm at G and T's beautiful home on Lake Norman. The house is built right on the lake, on a peninsula... When you walk in the house, all you see is water out of every window... It feels like I'm on a boat. 

I tried to take a picture from the room I'm staying in... Here's the first picture I took with the flash, and the second without it.
              
It seems to work much better if I DON'T use the flash when I take a pic out of a window...

Yesterday... I drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a bit (on my way here), it's an incredible drive... at times a little scary, and it feels like I'm in a video game on the windy roads.  I had a lot of time to think... and reflect. I really feel like I'm doing what I need to be doing... and I'm proud of myself for how far I've come... anyways... blah blah blah, I'm not going to get deep...

EARLY this morning, there was a bass fishing competition on the lake, right by the house... Those boats are LOUD and they start fishing ridiculously early... that lasted for a few hours... then I went back to sleep. 

I only brought two pair of shorts on my trip... but I brought a gazillion sweaters and long-sleeved shirts... so, heads up mom and dad: I may be sending a box of sweaters and sweatshirts to you... because my car is getting pretty crowded. 

It's so crowded that I'm starting to look like one of those pack rat people... who never throw anything away... it's driving me crazy.

Okay... that was a weird tangent... G, T and I went to their Yacht Club on the wave runner... I was wearing jeans and G was like, "don't you have any shorts?" Yes, but I needed to do laundry... So I wore jeans. 

I'm not sure if he was intentionally trying to throw me off of the wave runner.... probably not, but either way, I was NOT going to fall off. I had my cell phone in the pocket of my jeans, and was NOT going to lose another cell phone to water damage... So, I held on with everything... (one time I almost took T off with me...)... I never fell off, but my legs are sore, from holding on with everything I had.

The club was yummy. G just wrote a book, so I was asking him about it... It turned into a 3 hr conversation... but I thought it was really interesting. I'd like to write a book someday... so, I'm even more interested. His book is on eschatology (or the theory of end times- biblically based)... it was an interesting almost surreal conversation. I was curious how it was published... if they self published or whatever... It turns out they did self publish, T said something that struck me as funny, "well, there's not a huge demand for books on eschatology these days."  If I'd had written just that as the "quote of the day" with no back story, it would be random and funny. I'm still in screenplay-material mode.

G gave me a copy to read... Dad, wanna race? jk (my dad is reading it too).

Then after we got back I went to my favorite two places Target and Starbucks... Target for shorts and Starbucks for my very missed Soy Chai Latte.

And I went to Lowes... Lowes has an awesome selection of wallpaper! Home Depot has none. You can also get samples of the wallpaper... I took a whole bunch of samples! REALLY good for collage! i may finally be able to finish the girl with antlers... and then I'll have something finished! yay!


    

No comments: