Sunday, June 1, 2008

patterned out

Luigi and Loogey Llama... (I don't know what their real names are... but I like the names I made up.)

Today was a cleaning day. We cleaned the studio. It took a while. There's no blowing glass on Sundays, and it was pretty quiet all over the campus... so I stayed in the studio and drew. 




I don't know why, but I felt like drawing a girl with red antlers... so I did. I'm not crazy about my draw
ing now... but I'm going to keep working at it. Also, Sheryl has some antlers, so I'm going to see if I can cast them and turn it into something *gasp* 3-D! I'm also trying to experiment by putting bold patterns on her... the background will be patterned too... but something more bold... maybe filled in. 





Drawing patterns takes a long time. I need to find an easier solution... maybe next time, I'll take wallpaper and lacquer it to the back of the glass....hmmm... good idea. 


Tomorrow there I'll be able to get in the hot shop again. Hopefully one of my pieces will be ready to take out of the kiln. And then there are those glass droplets... I still haven't decided what I'll do with those. I wanted to etch "blessing" or a blessing on each and blow a glass bowl to put them in.. or an hour glass... but that seems like a lot of work. I'm glad our mask project got pushed back until Thurs. If it was really due today, I was going to glue glass to a dust mask. I'd rather do something with a little more thought in it. 


okay... I'm sleepy.   night night...



No comments: